Topic: Micstasy remote control with Yamaha 01v96v2 (or other options)?

I've currently got 24 channels of mic pres that sit on stage and push ADAT to a ADI-648. On the other side of the fiber another ADI-648 breaks lightpipe out to a yamaha 01v96v2 as well as a multitrack recorder. I'd like to replace my current mic pres with remote controllable pres.

In this setup, is it possible to control 3 Micstasys with the 01v96v2? I assume it would have to be done via the MIDI over MADI function. As best as I can tell, the 01v96v2 has the same capability as the DM1000 except only one remote layer. Can anyone confirm? So I could use two of the 4 MIDI banks to control the 24 channels, with the appropriate programming? How would the 3 Micstasys need to be connected to do this, just the MADI or MIDI as well?

Alternatively (if the 01v96v2 doesn't work), would using something like the Behringer BCR2000 midi controller work?

Thanks!

Re: Micstasy remote control with Yamaha 01v96v2 (or other options)?

I can not comment on the 01V96v2 capabilities, but the basic setup will work. 648 at the desk takes MIDI over MADI to the three Micstasys, which are just serially connected via MADI.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME