Topic: Main out/monitor out confusion

Hi,I've had this unit a couple of days(love it), gone through the the manual,have everthing working great but can't get my head around how to do this.Im used to physical mixers.

How do you guys run a set of mains and and a pair of nearfields and have seperate volume for each.
I have the mains hooked up to 1/2 XLR out and use the volume on the unit to control those.
How do i control the neafields seperatly wich i have hooked up to out 3/4.
Can the headphone 1 0r 2 out be switched to out 3/4. so that i could push the volume button once and get output 3/4 instead of headphone out 1? or do you have to control the second set of speakers from a software fader in total mix.

Re: Main out/monitor out confusion

UFX? Best way would be to set Speaker B in TotalMix FX options to An 3/4. Then use the Speaker B button to switch between A/B. The Main knob controls whichever pair is currently selected.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by rmehappy 2011-11-26 19:24:07)

Jeff wrote:

UFX? Best way would be to set Speaker B in TotalMix FX options to An 3/4. Then use the Speaker B button to switch between A/B. The Main knob controls whichever pair is currently selected.

Yes it is,i guess i should have mentioned that,lol
Thank you much.

Hello,  Sorry to Hijack this thread.  I am new to this forum.
I am trying to deal with the same issue.
I understand that I can switch between monitors with the Speaker B button but this means that I need to reach for a mouse and use software to switch between monitors.
If I am auditioning something in my DAW (protools) it would be much better to be able to flip between monitors from the UFX hardware.  Is there a simple way to assign the speaker B button or to make Speaker b assign to the main knob instead of headphones.
Thanks everyone in advance.
Macsearcher

Sorry, this is not possible directly on the UFX. But the new Advanced Remote with 7 freely programmable buttons will allow this - and much more.

best regards
Knut