1 (edited by bvogeler 2011-11-28 12:42:12)

Topic: Two things with Global Record

After some time off I am now getting back to using GR as the main tape machine. It is just a huge resource saving way to track. Superb as it has almost always been. Can't thank you enough for all things DC.

Two things I'd wish to have, that could improve the daily workflow a lot come to my mind:

1. When saving recorded data instantly into mono files Global Record uses the channel numbers independently from their on/off state, it also sorts row 1, row 2 and so on - that's pretty fine and helps sorting things when importing into the DAW for mixing.
But when doing this from a reloaded multichannel file it just goes from 1 to N - which is not helpful at all.

Though I can understand why it does so, it would be helpful to have the option to save with the numbering from the original tracking.

2. And while we are at it :-)) If Global Record would read channel names from TotalMix' labeling, one could easily load custom labeled presets for a tracking in TM and have the TM-labeling written with the exported mono tracks.

Man, that would be great!!! Not to mention my wish to be able to overdub inside Global Record, argh, no, I shouldn't have said that...

Best Regards
Boris

Re: Two things with Global Record

bvogeler wrote:

1. When saving recorded data instantly into mono files Global Record uses the channel numbers independently from their on/off state, it also sorts row 1, row 2 and so on - that's pretty fine and helps sorting things when importing into the DAW for mixing.
But when doing this from a reloaded multichannel file it just goes from 1 to N - which is not helpful at all.
+1 !!

2. And while we are at it :-)) If Global Record would read channel names from TotalMix' labeling, one could easily load custom labeled presets for a tracking in TM and have the TM-labeling written with the exported mono tracks.

+1 !!

or as alternative, to rename tracks into Global Recorder exactly the same way we do it in Totalmix ...

Best Regards
Boris

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II

While I think that GR in DC is brilliant for concerts (where there might be a total of 2 polyfiles) I think trying to do sessions would be insane. The flow of it all would be seriously upset by "err, standby while I label and save the last take"-- That is where being able to record into the DAW of choice is really more useful.

Rich

Rich Mays
Sonare Recordings
www.sonarerecordings.com

Sonare wrote:

While I think that GR in DC is brilliant for concerts (where there might be a total of 2 polyfiles) I think trying to do sessions would be insane. The flow of it all would be seriously upset by "err, standby while I label and save the last take"-- That is where being able to record into the DAW of choice is really more useful.

Rich

Yep, you are right, for the common recording session, but there is different approaches as well. I use it a lot while developing stuff - it is so easy to gather what you are working on from different applications at the same time without the slightest routing efforts, and when doing mixdowns and stems through console/outboard - nothing more easy and fast in this regards.