Topic: UFX Midi not working with FW connection

Hello,

Ive been using my UFX on an intel MAC PRO (10.6.8) with the USB connection, but had noticed a lot of latency and driver problems with ProTools and Logic. I upgraded the firmware (both usb and fw) and drivers but still no fix, so I decided to try using the firewire connection instead.
With that, latency issues are pretty much gone but now the MIDI capabilities dont work at all. Im seeing the MIDI IN signal in the front panel of the UFX, but nothing is coming into the computer. I tried this with Pro Tools, Logic and Ableton Live. same result.
Simply changing the connection back to USB gives me midi again but also the latency issues comeback.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: UFX Midi not working with FW connection

I had the same problem.  I was told the firmware update might fix this but it has to be done with USB cable.  Once I was connected with a USB cable I realized that the midi worked with this connection.  I just decided to use it with USB for now but I would love to know if anyone got it to work with Firewire.

idelgas wrote:

Hello,

Ive been using my UFX on an intel MAC PRO (10.6.8) with the USB connection, but had noticed a lot of latency and driver problems with ProTools and Logic. I upgraded the firmware (both usb and fw) and drivers but still no fix, so I decided to try using the firewire connection instead.
With that, latency issues are pretty much gone but now the MIDI capabilities dont work at all. Im seeing the MIDI IN signal in the front panel of the UFX, but nothing is coming into the computer. I tried this with Pro Tools, Logic and Ableton Live. same result.
Simply changing the connection back to USB gives me midi again but also the latency issues comeback.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"
-Berthold Auerbach

Mine works with firewire.Im using both midi in's and one out.
Im on PC though,maybe its a MAC issue.

We can not reproduce any error under FireWire Mac. If you have problems please check (and report):

- Is the Fireface MIDI.plugin installed under /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers
- Is the Fireface UFX listed in the MIDI panel of the Audio MIDI Setup
- If present, activate the 'test configuration' in that panel

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME