Topic: Adat problem with FF800

I recently picked up a pair of Echo Layla 24/96 converters
http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/Disco … /index.php

and I am trying to use them as slaves to my Fireface 800 through ADAT and I can not seem to get anything  to work with them.
I have all the ADAT cables and Word clock cables connected, but the RME doesn't show it locking to them in the software, the Adat light on the front of the RME is not doing anything either.
I was wondering if anyone here has tried this combo and had any thoughts.

I know my cables are good, as i tried them with other units in my studio, the only thing I can think might be the problem is that I do not have the PCI cards for the Echo products, however I feel they should be working fine as I am trying to use them through Adat and not directly to the computer.

Thanks

Re: Adat problem with FF800

n3wt15 wrote:

I recently picked up a pair of Echo Layla 24/96 converters...
the only thing I can think might be the problem is that I do not have the PCI cards for the Echo products,

I browsed the Layla's manual, and didn't see any mention of these boxes being able to run in "Standalone mode" w/o a PC - so I do believe that is the issue.  Kind of like a Multiface - needs the PC to load the settings and firmware - basically a brick w/o a PC to connect to...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Re: Adat problem with FF800

Crap, I was kind of afraid of that. I don't have the PC cards for them, so looks like its time to find another alternative.
Thanks.