Topic: Four question 'bout FF 400

Hi to everybody,

my second RME, first one FF UC, but with my iMac 2006 it was almost impossible using the other usb devices, so yesterday I've bought the FF400 and it seems very good, but I've few questions to do, may you help me, please?

1. Have I to delete the old UC drivers and programs? At this time the FF 400 works very well, but if I've must to delete the old program may I know how to do it? I'm using Mac Os 10.7 (Lion).

2. from the manual isn't so clear (or maybe it's my poor english fault), but where I've must to connect the fw cable? On the left (where's written "Bus") or on the right connection? Meantime I've tried to connect the iMac on the left and the external Lacie hd on the right…

3. I'm using the power supply of the FF 400 'cause I'm also using other devices on the fw and I won't use the iMac power, the first one is the hd connected in the FF 400 and the other one is another Lacie Quadra connected in the fw800 of the iMac, but I can't find a way to turn off the FF 400. There's a way to do it and so avoiding energy wasting? I don't use the audio card 24/24!

4. Even for the fact that I can't turn off the FF 400: I use a multiple adapter with a switch like this:

http://www.jr-alarme.info/modules/Bouti … ll/BM6.jpg

so every time I turn off the computer I turn off anything else too, avoiding energy wasting. So I would like to know, if I'm not able to turn off the FF 400, there's some probability to damage it having this break interruption?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my bad english but my german isn't better. HeadScratch

Re: Four question 'bout FF 400

1. You don't have to remove the USB driver, but if you would like to, see here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9233

2. No difference.

3. Flip the switch to "BUS" on the rear panel. If it stays on, then switch back to "EXT" and unplug the power supply.

4. No problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Four question 'bout FF 400

Sorry for the delay in the reply, but the subscription doesn't advice me.

1. Thanks.
For now I've just uninstalled  the two USB programs from Applications. It confusing me 'cause their almost identical icons. :-)

2. Ok, thanks.

3. It works, thanks.
Just a thing to remember: unplug the host device before or there's the risk to damage it.fryingpan

4. Ok, thanks.

Fast reply, great professionality.