Topic: HDSPe and PPC PowerMac...?

Hallo everyone,

I have just purchased a recording system with an AD-32 MADI and an ADI8-QS.

My plans were to connect these outboards to a PCI HDSP MADI card to be inserted into my PPC PowerMac with a G5 quad processor and OsX Tiger (10.4.11).

Unfortunately I discovered that my PowerMac, belonging to the last series produced by Apple in 2005, has a motherboard with PCI express slots, opposite to all the others that had came earlier and were PCI based!!!
Consequently I changed the HDSP card with an HDSPe card, I installed it and... Surprise!
There seems not to be any driver provided for PPC macs!!! I found only one for x86 processors sad

Is there any chance to find out a working driver or I really have to change this computer? It was expensive to me but it still works perfectly and at present it suits my processing needs...

May anyone help me?

Thx in advance...!

Re: HDSPe and PPC PowerMac...?

Sorry, there is no HDSPe driver for this short-lived generation of Macs...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: HDSPe and PPC PowerMac...?

For about 4 years I'm using the G5 Quad/HDSPe combination. There is one working driver, V2.53.
The only problem is that I can only use output 34 to 64, the first 32 output channels can't be accessed.
I don't know if this is a driver error or an error in my HDSPe card or G5. Thanks to the matrix routing software I can overcome this problem.
The inputs are working fine though:-)
If you send me a PM, I will send you the 2.53 driver.

Regards,

Rutger