Topic: Socket 1155 motherboard and HDSP 9632?

I'm about to build a new DAW rig, in which I'm planning to use an HDSP 9632 sound card. I could use some advice from you guys on how to achieve reliable low-latency operation (in Reaper), since my previous rig (X58 based) would produce crackles at only 12% CPU, 88.2 kHz samplerate and 512 samples latency.

Is the Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 motherboard known to work well with HDSP 9632? Eventually any other motherboards I should look into?

Any help is much appreciated!

Re: Socket 1155 motherboard and HDSP 9632?

I have no feedback on this specific Asus board. Some current chipsets with a bridged PCI interface seem to be less than ideal, as has been observed on this forum also.

You could look for a board with the B65 or Q67 chipset, which feature native PCI. An affordable example is the GA-P65A-UD3, which we have not tested, though. The Q67 seems to be featured mostly on industry boards (some of which have 10 COM ports or so...). Reports on Gearslutz indicate the Jetway NAF92-Q67 works well with PCI based HD systems, but it's almost three times the price of the Gigabyte board mentioned above.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for your answer, it's very helpful. I'm wondering if I should get hold of an AIO due to it being PCIe.

PCIe is an alternative, of course.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by aknuds1 2011-12-22 13:54:54)

RME Support wrote:

PCIe is an alternative, of course.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Have you guys tested the HDSPe AIO with Z68 boards, or do you have any other indications on this being a good combo?