Topic: 2 RME Hammerfall + what ? need more ADAT inputs

Hello,

I have got a Workstation with Asus Rampage Extreme  Mainboard, Quad 3,2 GHZ 4GB RAM, System SSD, Raptor Raid 0 for data
and 2 RME PCI 9652 Cards. --> that gives me 6 ADAT in 6 ADAT out.

I'am doing all mixing in the Box but with much Hardware Synths and much Outboard equipment connected to 6 RME AD/DA Interfaces.

Everything is working perfect.

But my Problem is that I will add some synths and Outboard Equipment and so I would need two more ADAT in Out.

What RME Soundcard would be the best to add to my existing Hammerfall PCI Cards (note they are not the HDSP).

The second Problem is that the mainboard does have only 2 PCI Slots, so they are allready occupied by the Hammerfall
cards. So I could buy a PCIE to PCI extension box to use one more of the same old cards.

Would 3 RME PCI Hammerfall work together ? or would this provoke glitsches and pops ? Would it be better to put all 3
Cards together in the extension or can the two cards stay in the PC and one more in the extension. ?

If this works what PCI extension would be recommended ?      would this one work :
EXSYS PCI-Express Bus to 4 x PCI Slot Expansion Box  link: http://www.virtuavia.eu/shop/pci-expres … 29809.html

Or is it possible to use one new PCIE card HDSP9652 with the two old cards ? that would be the most simple version if it works ???
or is it possible to expand with some oher RME cards ?? Fireface ???

I hope you guys can help me because I love my two RME cards and it would be sad to put them on ebay for nothing.

regards and Merry X-Mas to all
Nick

Re: 2 RME Hammerfall + what ? need more ADAT inputs

Or would it be possible to add a Digiface with PCIE Card to the existing 2 old hammerfall PCI Cards  ?

If the drivers support the new Digiface PCIE and the old Hammerfalls that would be great and
the most simple solution...

Re: 2 RME Hammerfall + what ? need more ADAT inputs

2 raydats would give you 8 adat ports on 2 PCIe slots (there is no PCIe 9652, that´s the raydat)
Sorry I can´t answer any of your other questions.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632