Topic: ff400/mac with parallels/xp: midi?

i am trying to get midi from a ff400 through parallels. any instruction as to what i have to install? tried to install the win-driver - but that does nothing. probably due to the fact that audio comes in through parallels/devices.
any tips are welcome,
thanx, jul

Re: ff400/mac with parallels/xp: midi?

The VM inside Parallels cannot see the FF400, because Parallels does not offer Firewire connectivity (only USB). What you can do is use a virtual Midi driver inside the VM and connect that to the OS X side of things, which in turn connects to the FF400 (via OS X).

I once successfully used that approach to get Midi from inside a Parallels' VM to a DAW running on OS X. Would have to look up the detailed approach, though, it's been quite some time ago.

ah yes, timur,  that could be working. do you remember the name of the virtual midi you used? thnx jul

Most likely just MidiYoke, but any should do as long as Parallels is able to hand it through to OS X.

mmh. i tried that and some 5 others. but there seems to be a firewall for midi signals in my system. no channels can be seen on the other side whatsoever. i am on parallels5 and XP. well... thanx sofar, jul