Topic: UFX - simultaneous Record and Play?

Hello

I've just recently got the UFX (fantastic!) , and started to explore the possibilities of DURec.

A minor issue I ran into is the lack of any time stamp on the recorded files. Fairly obvious, as there is no 'time' setting in the UFX. But it would be useful, particularly when doing a large number of recordings within one session.

Apart from straight recording, an important application for me is the recording of 'sweeps', to be used with convolution reverbs. Good results are obtained only if the sweep-file is played from the same machine which is also recording the reverb (none of the portable pro-multitrack recorders seems to be able to do that).  With a laptop connected to the UFX, this is no problem.

But, of course, I'm dreaming: is there no way to get UFX in standalone to play back one file while recording another?? All it would need is to be able to punch in to an existing file. One then could prepare multitrack files with one track carrying the sweep to be played back. And then punch-record on the other tracks...

Florian