Topic: Babyface Questions

Hi,

I have a pair of questions:

1. Is the Babyface win7 driver WASAPI compatible. I will use Foobar as player and auto sample rate change is essential.

2. Are headphone volume levels digitally or analog adjusted from the main control.

3. Same question with the main output level adjustment.

Thanks in advance..

Sinan

Re: Babyface Questions

1) Yes.
2, 3) All level controls are digital.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

1) Yes, but no automatic sample rate change. This feature doesn't work with multichannel devices. Use ASIO in Foobar instead.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

1) Yes, but no automatic sample rate change. This feature doesn't work with multichannel devices. Use ASIO in Foobar instead.

I am not a musician but I use pro-audio interfaces in my HiFi systems. I have mostly 24 bit studio masters in my archive.

Is auto sample rate change also not possible for stereo playback? (with Win7 & WASAPI & Foobar)

Thanks

Sinan

The Babyface is a multichannel device. No matter how many channels you currently use.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by sbeskurt 2012-01-03 11:07:15)

MC wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply.

Did I understand you correctly that auto sample rate change is possible with ASIO in WIN 7?

Sinan

Of course.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry to hijack the post but was wondering,
When I monitor throught totalmix does babyface use AD/DA converstion or is the signal analof all the way?

TotalMix is a digital mixer. Every signal needs to be converted.
Exception: Zero Latency Monitoring (ASIO Direct Monitoring) > In to Out. The input signal is routed to the outputs before TotalMix and the driver.

best regards
Knut

Admin Knut wrote:

Exception: Zero Latency Monitoring (ASIO Direct Monitoring) > In to Out. The input signal is routed to the outputs before TotalMix and the driver.

But not before AD/DA conversion. HeadScratch
And in fact, not before the mixer, either.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

so if its not the converters why the sound I get from cubase 5 is so different from totalmix? In a way the higher frequencies are louder and it loses the warmth I get when I monitor from totalmix

This could be a combination of different reasons:
- effect(s) in the signal path
- dithering with psychoaccustic noise shaping (UV22?)
- different Pan law
- different volume

best regards
Knut

Admin Knut wrote:

This could be a combination of different reasons:
- effect(s) in the signal path
- dithering with psychoaccustic noise shaping (UV22?)
- different Pan law
- different volume

best regards
Knut

-No effects on signal path for sure, all is flat too EQ wise
-what can I do with dithering phycoacoustics?
-where is pan law on cubase?
-Definitely no volume problem checked it many many times with all sorts of volume

If the problem is audible, it must be measurable. Please record both signals to an external device and compare them. I don't think we can solve this mystery with a theoretical discussion on the forum.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME