Topic: Quiet xlr inputs FF 800

Hi!

I've had a problem for som time now with my FF 800, that I hope can be easily fixed. When recording with microphones through inputs 7-10 the input signal is very low. Even with the knobs at almost +60db, my SM57 can barely be heard, and the recorded audio can barely be seen on the track. My Røde nt1-a performs a bit better, with the phantom power kicked in, but it's still miles away from what I believe is normal. The xlr cables are not the problem.

Any ideas?

Re: Quiet xlr inputs FF 800

*Bump smile

7 to 10? Usually it is only 7/8, and one has forgotten to switch those inputs active in the Settings dialog. Otherwise not a known problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, it's all of them, and I have made them active in the DAW options. Even with the sm57 1-2 cm from the instrument the recording is barely audible. The gain knob needs to be between 15 o'clock - 60db before I can hear anything, and on those final mm towards 60 db the sound increases drastically, but I believe it's still too low compared to what it should be. Also I'm afraid recording with such a high gained input might be bad, sound-wise.