1 (edited by Masaaki 2011-12-30 16:33:23)

Topic: Operating UFX recording rig remotely ---sort of--just an idea

Hi!

I've been curious about how folks use iPhone/iPad to operate TotalMix and UFX, but my problem is, I don't have any iPhone, Droid, or iPad....I don't have even iPod.

So, as an alternative idea, I want to try wireless HDMI transmitter to send the monitor signals from my laptop (which is connected to UFX) and operate just laptop remotely.

I tracked down several HDMI transmitters that allow up to 100ft transmission. My laptop has display port out, so I can use DP-HDMI adapter to the transmitter. On the receiver side, I have several monitors with a HDMI port.

So, my signal chain goes like this: UFX-Laptop-HDMI transmitter  ---------> HDMI receiver-HDMI monitor.

To operate the Total Mix, I have IOGEAR's cheap wireless keyboard, which has really good range up to 50ft or something.

I know this is not the most "elegant solution", but it should work for a short range. If anybody has hands-on experience on HDMI transmitters, please let me know. It's not an expensive buy, but decent one seems like $200 to $400.