Topic: SPDIF passthru

Hi

Is there a way to let the signal pass thru from SPDIF In to SPDIF Out with no program using the Digi9652 running? It doesn't seem to matter what I do about the MME-settings in the "RME Digi Settings"...
The Digi-card syncs to SPDIF In at 48kHz, and if i run Digicheck I can se that I there is a signal present at the input but I can't let it thru to the output.

I want to hear the sound from iTunes going from a Soundblaster X-Fi->Digi9652->digital speakers

If I use Cubase everything works with the Digi-card and ASIO-drivers, but I don't want to run Cubase just to be able to hear iTunes or system-sound.

Bought the Digi9652 with ADI-8 Pro for next to nothing, and running an old computer from 2005 with old software, I have no reason to upgrade to a new soundcard. I just want to be able to record 2-4 sources in good quality, and this card seems perfect for that (it's really overkill for my needs but i got t cheap), but I still want to be able to use the computer to play my iTunes library.

Oh, operating system is Win7 32-bit.

/Digital Recycler

Re: SPDIF passthru

Sorry, not possible with the old non-HDSP card. Try the Virtual Audio Cable...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Why not use the rme card as output for itunes? Or is the Xfi in another system?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Recent iTunes versions use WDM, the old DIGI cards only support ASIO and MME.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

5 (edited by Digital Recycler 2012-01-03 14:51:09)

RME Support: Trying out Virtual Audio Cable, seems to work OK (some clicks but thats probably due to something with buffers somewhere).
Awesome support for a card thats over 10 years old! Thank You VERY MUCH!

Vinark: I would like to use just the rme card but iTunes doesn't recognize it at all :-(
Workaround with Virtual Audio Cable as mentioned by RME Support, I was trying to do the same by going through the SB X-Fi (that's going to the junkyard now).
Do You have any idea how to go directly from iTunes to Digi9652 (old Hammerfall not HDSP)?

Anyway: Thanks again!

/Digital Recycler

No sorry, I was unaware of the WDM/mme issue, I have a HDSP9652. I can only think of a different player, if it is for audio files only. I use XMPlayer which if you install it´s asio part plays through asio and support gapless mp3 and flac playback (which is great if you play full albums with no pauses between tracks). If you install all needed codecs it will play back all audio files you can think of, including apples AAC.

Vincent, Amsterdam

Thanks for your input vinark, the problem is that I have a bunch oh iOs devices (iPhones, iPads and iPods) that I sync with my iTunes-library.
If it weren't for those, there would've been alternatives like Foobar wich can use ASIO-drivers.

But the solution with Virtual Audio Cable seems to be working Ok so far, a little tweeking and I've almost got rid of all clicks.

Thanks anyway.

/DR

OK great!

Vincent, Amsterdam