Topic: AMD Fusion APU / RME USB performance

Does anyone have any experience using RME USB drivers with AMD Fusion APU based computers?

I'm interested in using the FIT-PC3: http://www.fit-pc.com

Re: AMD Fusion APU / RME USB performance

Hi,
I have not seen anyone in the pro audio software side of things test these low power AMD Atom style CPUs. Most Pro Audio software won't work well or at all with the Atom. Not sure if the AMD is the same way.
They are way way over priced to me considering how little you are getting for it.

Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Thanks for getting back to me Chris-  I'm looking at using it as a multichannel field recorder, using Digicheck rather than as a DAW.  Ideally I'd like to get rid of the computer entirely and use DuRec, but I need it to be DC powered and accept SMPTE timecode

Hi,
You would have to use a DAW if you want to deal with any Time Code.
Using a laptop and Fireface UC hooked up to a DC power source would be more flexible and most likely less expensive.
You could run both the laptop and UC off batteries or a generator making this more portable. Assuming that is your goal.
Is this for doing location recording for film or something?

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Yes, it's for film location recording. You've actually answered my other question (posted in the digicheck section), whether global record works with timecode.

It's looking like I'll probably have to run Boom Recorder on OSX if I'm going to go ahead with this