Topic: Using Cubase 6 on a Mac - is "direct monitoring" supported?

Hi Guys,

I have moved from Logic to Cubase 6 on my Mac Pro, and have a couple of questions.

First - there is a "direct monitoring" option in Cubase, which I believe means directly monitoring through the RME UFX unit, but with the option to control levels etc directly through Cubase. Is this something the UFX supports?  Currently, the option for "direct monitoring" is greyed out in Cubase prefs.... (And if so, how can I set it up?)

Second - when using my UFX with Logic, I assume the RME driver I was using was specifically for Core Audio. Is it possible to use RME's ASIO driver for the UFX, when using it with Cubase?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Mike

Re: Using Cubase 6 on a Mac - is "direct monitoring" supported?

Are you talking about using Mac OS X? There is no direct monitoring, and no ASIO driver either, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Are you talking about using Mac OS X? There is no direct monitoring, and no ASIO driver either, sorry.

Thanks Matthias,

Very quick reply!

Is it a problem to use Cubase with the Core Audio drivers supplied with the UFX? In terms of round trip latency, does this mean worse performance compared to Logic for example, which uses Core Audio rather than ASIO?

Cheers and thanks
Mike

This may sound strange but you get much better performance (plugins cpu wise) AND direct monitoring when you run windows bootcamped. Of course I have no idea if this is doable for you, but I would certainly investigate it.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632