Topic: RME UFX and HEADPHONES recomendations

Hi ALL!
I need headphones for monitoring music in analog restoration process. Very importantly to control bass and midrange.
What best.

Re: RME UFX and HEADPHONES recomendations

Sennheiser HD595. Volume is OK. No bass. Good midrange. Verdict - only for voice control...

Try Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I use Sennheiser HD-600 and Sony MDR7506.

HD-600 has neutral bass.
MDR7506 plays loud and has more low end.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

What about NEW SONY MDR-7520?

Sennheiser HD-25 - it's the industry standard in professional sound reinforcement & the UFX headphone amp has more than enough juice to drive them.

The HD 25-II are great cans..
I don't have experience with Beyer's though..

I too uses the Sennheiser HD600, great headphones.

9 (edited by chilly 2012-01-17 04:37:08)

I use Sennheizers Hd 800 the best headpones out all i have tried and also they the most natural sounding headphones i have ever saw in my life

I just picked up a pair of "VMODA" LP2's based off a very large headphone roundup/review, and not being satisfied with my growing selection.  Holy crap - These things have some serious low-end and are very sensitive!  Even with their present bass, they still image well and have less than 2dB tolerance from pair-to-pair.  Built like a Tank with military specs!!!  Kicks the 7506's in the behind w/o breaking a sweat!!! (but also 2x as much for $199/pr).

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp2-limited … tte-black/

The V-MODA LP2's are my new favorites from my selection of MDR-7506, MDR-7509, DT770M, Shure SCL-5 IEM's, HN-7506 Isolation Cans, and a few others I can't recall...

Been meaning to audition the HD600/HD650's, too - but I really need closed back cans to justify their purchase (for tracking flexibility).

FWIW - The Dr Dre "Beats" headphones got miserable reviews on the roundup/review I referred to - No suprise there, huh :-)  If you are interested, Tyll Hersten's headphone roundup is summarized here as a Podcast (Home Theater Geeks w/Scott Wilkinson):
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/to … ks-podcast

This guy knows his cans!!!  cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

I have today ordered the new "Ultrasone Signature PRO".
I hope they are very good for me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Daniel K. :-)

12 (edited by Daniel_K 2012-01-19 20:24:04)

Ahh... What a Sound... Very detailed and natural, also a very good stereo imaging.
Great for me...

Fireface UFX to Ultrasone Signature Pro woithout an external Headphone Amp.

I can hear every compression in all of my Songs. (mp3 compression too)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Daniel K. :-)

Loved 'em so much, I just bought another pair of the V-Moda LP2's, and plan on replacing ALL of my 7506's with them (buying 2-3 more soon).  I don't think there are a better set of tracking cans out there TBH (at least not that I've heard to date).  100% Solid - in form, function, and sound.  It doesn't hurt that they look really slick, too wink

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8