Topic: Low latency performance & stabitity FW vs. PCIe

Hey Guysi´m new here and need some advice from the community. I´ve been searching the whole day but Information is rare to find on this topic.

So here is the issue: I have a 2011 Mac Pro 2.4 GHz and a FW Soundcard (tc. Konnekt 24d). With the current driver everything is fine and stable (2.5.1). I have a RTL at 64 sample-buffersize @ 48 kHz with 24Bits of about 6.8 ms when working with Logic.

I´m asking myself if i can improve my situation while switching to a PCIe Soundcard from e.g. RME (Hdspe AIO). I want to Work native with Logic 9 ITB most of the time. The only things i record are external Synths and Vocals (Through my LA-610, Isa-430 and the K24d Preamp) so i don´t need expensive Preamps. There is only 1 PCIe slot left (the other two are occupied of the Powercore and UAD2 cards).

I was hoping that i can improve my RTL @ the same buffersetting (64s) and what is most important improve the low latency Performance @ 64s with the RME driver. This means more stability and maybe more CPU-Power (can handle more tasks in less time because of the better driver performance??). Are the RME drive that good so that i will notice any improvement regarding to my actual setup??

The Plan is to use the k24d as a ADAT Slave-unit with the Rme AIO connected via Spdif to my krk-Ergo (this would only act as volume knob/Monitor Selector). I would also need to connect the LA-610 and Isa-340 to the Rme AIO via XLR-Balanced too.

And later on i could think of an ADI-8 DS/QS or something.... What do you Guys think???

ps: And what´s the deal with the 1X Aes/Ebu of the RME AIO?? What can i do with only 1 AES/EBU i/o???

edit: I have to point out that this is within the core audio architecture big_smile so maybe asio-drivers are a bit different.