1 (edited by bigzig 2012-01-18 11:03:43)

Topic: Digi 9636+AEB4/8 - Any Help for an old man ?

Hi together!

I'm a 70-year-old musician and I worked nearly 6 years now with my old Pentium and the described Hardware. The installation years ago was made by an old friend, who is not available any more for me.
So, last week my PC died and my son brought me another one, he said a better one (2,2,3GHz WinXP).

I thought it could be no problem to change the cards from one case to the other. But now I sit here with 3 Cards, 1 Digi9636, 1 AAEB in and 1 AEB out. I have the cards plugged in, the RME is regognized but thats all.

Here is my equipment, maybe anyone can give me a step-by-step-help how to plug it all together.

I have
1 Yamaha S90
the plugs that were used former (so far I remember) have been
- from Midi-Out S90 to an USB-Plug in the PC - cable: 1 Diode 5-pole to USB
- from Output L+R (S90) to the AEB-In (I was told the AEB-In is the card without the plug for electric power!?) 2 cables Phone Jacks

From the AEB-Out-Plugs I want to go directly to my Active Speakers (2 cables with PhoneJacks )

I tried it the way - but there is no sound anywhere. I have Cubase SX on the PC and f.e. in the audio track I can see a signal coming up, but no sound on the speakers.
I have read the documentations, but that's really to high for me. Don't know much about ADAT - is ADAT1 one plug-in an ADAT2 the one close by?

Thats what I need:
Is anyone patient enough to give me tipps, where I have to look for what? I've downloaded Drivers for the RME and for WinXp, nothing helped.
Could it be, that anything is broken on the cards? How can I test the Output?

I know this is a really big beggin, but I have noone who is familiar with those things. The man in the Music Shop gave me the advice to try this forum - and that's what I do.
I will look for answers and hope they will come...

Greetings from Germany
Martin

Re: Digi 9636+AEB4/8 - Any Help for an old man ?

You can phone the support hotline in a while, but it may be difficult to do this on the phone. Can your son assist you in identifying the the correct connections between the AEBs and the main card?

Or maybe someone from this forum happens to be nearby and willing to help.... Where are you located?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hallo,
danke für die schnelle Reaktion.
Nein, leider, mein Sohn ist mittlerweile in USA. Ich wohne in der Nähe von Freiburg i.Br..
Ich denke, mit ein paar Antworten auf ein paar Fragen kriege ich das vielleicht hin.
Das Seltsame ist halt, daß es alles vor einer Woche noch problemlos funktioniert hat. Man hätte ja nur die einzelnen Verbindungen kennzeichnen müssen.
Ich fürchte aber, daß im neuen Rechner die Voraussetzungen im System nicht stimmen.
Wie gesagt, Cubase läuft und im Audiokanal bekomme ich Signal, kein Midisignal - und kein Output.
Mal sehen, vielleicht klappts ja irgendwie.

Danke, Daniel

4 (edited by bigzig 2012-01-18 17:34:06)

I've done a lot of things now and I think I write it down, may be anyone can find something out:

1. I've checked all wireing between Digi, AEB-I and AEB-O, it seems all ok
2. The Digi is recognized in my system and the settings window comes up (SPdif-in: internal / Clock-Mode: Master/ Pref.Sync.Rate-In: ADAT1)
3. The ASIO-MME test from the Steinberg-Folder passes all Tests, no puffer lost (Exit-connectors: ADAT1 / Input-Con.: ADAT1)

Like written before, in a Audio-Cubase-Track I get a Input-signal from my S90 - nothing out

When I connect my S90 via Midi-Out and USB to my PC, a new USB-Device is recognized. I've tried to install the driver delivered from Yamaha for the S90 - the installation stops and says: No device connected. Yamaha recommends to ignore the Windows-message "a new device was found" and says "cancel". Then install the driver manually. I tried it, too, with the same result (no device is connected).

I see only two options for the problem:
1. The AEB-Cards are defect (is it possible to send it to a support and let them check?
2. My PC misses something important due to Audio and Midi. --> Can I have a short briefing what has where to be?
Do I have to disable the onboard-audio on my motherboard?

Perhaps there are some details which could help to get a step further.
Thanks for reading, thinkingen, answers and patience....

Martin

Edited:
So, I just made the Midi-Connection working - hope so.
But the problem stays - no output.

I think I have to send this stuff to a support departement to check it whether there is a defect.....or perhaps only some cables are broken or connectors? Could be..

Would anyone please give me an adress where I can send my package??

Or I made mistakes with the wirering...???
Help?!!

Solutions could be so easy - wysiwyg !!

Audio-Output is ok now. One Pin of the power connector was broken, the board has got no voltage.........

Now Audio is present, next I try to find how I can connect Midi to XP. Hope I get.

Tnx for all the many help I got smile

Martin