Topic: New DAW Win7 64bit w Multiface1 spikes on inputs

Hi, this is my first post in this forum even though I've had my Multiface for almost 10 years, I've never had a problem. I just received my custom built ADK DAW (ill contact them Monday with the issue as well) and its running Win7 64. The first thing I installed was my original Multiface PCI (I had already successfully flash updated the PCI to rev17  on my old DAW), and installed the most current driver 3.27. All went exactly as expected and had no problems.  I can open totalmix/DSP and confirm the hardware rev is 17 and the driver is 3.27 and it looks like the driver is working properly (device manager).  If I open totalmix I can see my 8 inputs showing the noise floor. (they are displaying -99.05 and fluctuating up a down a bit).

the problem is as soon as I open Cubase 6 or a standalone version of MOTUs MachFive3  I get pops and spikes across all 8 analog inputs in the Multiface, as soon as I close the music software they stop. I can see the spikes in the top input section in totalmix and I can hear them. In Cubase it clips any active inputs in the project. The pops/spikes are random across the channels but also occur in stereo (spike on 5/6 at same time and intensity).  Currently these are the only 2 music applications I've installed so far. This is all with nothing connected to the analog inputs on my Multiface breakout box.

any idea what the problem is?  thanks for your Time,     ekus

Re: New DAW Win7 64bit w Multiface1 spikes on inputs

Anyone have any ideas? I hope its something stupid I'm doing. I think it must be the soundcard and not a software problem as 2 different programs are having the same problem. I was going to change PCI slots but not sure if IRQ conflicts are still a problem in today's world.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks   ekus

Did you inform ADK you were going to use a PCI audio card? There are some PCI issues on the latest intel chipsets.
Could you disable all inputs and all but 1 pair of outputs in cubase vst connections? See if that helps?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Hi Vincent, thank you for the reply.  yes I did tell ADK that I was using a PCI interface, I disabled the inputs in Cubase so now they dont clip in cubase but they are still occurring and I can see them in total mix.  I'll contact ADK as soon as they open.  I guess worst case scenario is I drop another $500 for the PCIe card

I just remembered, these things can also happen (seen it here with a hdsp9652) when sync and samplerate are not 100% set ok. Maybe cubase sets it to something invalid, and the hell breaks loose.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632