Topic: FFF400: No audio out in standalone mode

There's another thread here where users had a very similar problem to mine, but their solution (new power supply) isn't working for me.

Years ago, when I first got my FF400, I tried to use it in standalone mode. I couldn't get audio out, even though the clipping LEDs were registering audio in.

Since then, I've been using my FF400 with firewire on my laptop. No problems. Now my laptop's in the shop and I'm trying to get the FF400 to work in standalone again.

The LED on the power supply is a strong, steady green. The clipping LEDs show audio in when I turn the inputs up far enough. I get audio when I bypass the FF400, although I don't have any volume control that way. However, I *was* able to test all cables, monitors, etc.

I tried a high-end universal adaptor, using 12V with the correctly sized, positive polarity tip. Same problem.

I have left and right audio outs going from a DVD player into the 1 and 2 inputs. I've also tried left and right outs from a Roku box into inputs 1 and 2. I'm using the 1 and 2 outputs to go to my monitors.

These setups work when using the firewire bus with my laptop, but not in standalone. Am I missing something obvious? Any insights would be appreciated.

Re: FFF400: No audio out in standalone mode

Yes, you are missing the option to store the current routing into the unit, in TotalMix.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME