Topic: Fireface 800 problem - clicks

So i have this issue with my fireface 800 that i bought 6months ago .Its clicking when playback. never got it to work. Dont know how it will behave when recording because i dont want to buy any recording sofware before i get this interface to work ( so i can only say how it acts when i play a mp3 in winamp) . I tried to fix the problem when i bought it but i didnt solve it so im trying once again .

First i used the firewire input on my pc.
Then i bought Belkin F5U503 Firewire card with TI chipset and it didnt solve the problem.
I also tried with digico firewire card also based on TI chipset and for me it doesnt loop like the firewire card is the problem because it still doesnt work .

My pc spec :
Motherboard - Gigabyte MA770-UD3
Processor - AMD athlon x2 550 box (3,11Ghz)
Hard disk - Seagate 500gb/7200
RAM - Patriot 2048/800mhz x 2 (3,25gb)
Graphic card - NX8400GS -td series

The pc is nothing special but i think it should be good enought.

System is : Windows XP professional version 2002 with SP-3
I once managed the fireface to work after disabling some useless ports in bios . It worked so i decided to check if it will still work when i restart my pc ... ( did like that 3 times and everything was ok ).

The next day i turned on my pc and the problem was there again.
I have tried 2x different cables ( original and another one ) but it didnt help.

Fireface flash update tool shows the following:
Hardware revision - 2,77Verify - ok

Device manager-> IEEE 1394 bus host controllers -> Texas instruments OHCI Complaint IEEE 1394 Host controller ( nothing seems to be wrong here).

When i playback songs errors are shown in the fireface settings program . I use 96 samples. When i make the buffer size higher ( for example 512samples) the errors comes up but not that often (kinda slower)

The host doesnt light so i guess thats good.
Please help me out of my situation . 

ps : at the moment i have the digico firewire card for normal PCI/ PCI-X slot ( with both fw800 and fw400 ). never tried the 800 but i have a 400cable and an old computer so i try to fix it to work with fw400

Re: Fireface 800 problem - clicks

i mean digitus (not digico lol )

Hi Patrick, please check general computer performance:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1704

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

4 (edited by patrickw 2012-01-26 02:27:26)

I have no idea what these things mean but maybe you can help me.

1) Latency checker:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4193/latencychecker1.png

2) rattv3:

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9797/rattv3histogram.png

when i disable the 1394 device or other available devices, the latency checker still shows me the same error as in picture 1.

The DPC Latency checker result is crazy, did you have tools running at the same time?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

6 (edited by patrickw 2012-01-26 04:06:09)

Nothing . Only the latency checker . I tried to disable usb , 1394 , coms etc . Nothing changed in the latency checker. The funny thing is that i almost dont have anything instaled on that pc . It is not conected to internet . So it shouldt be any virus or anything like that .

Should i post the full histogram from the rattv3?

USB and 1394 controllers won't cause this. Typically it's resulting from a network driver (wired or wireless) or possibly a really defective video card driver.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

hmm i got it to work but on my old pc smile . Its a core2duo 1,8ghz , 1gb ram pc . Is this spec. good enought to record 10channels in cubase ?

Recording, sure. Mixing with plugins, depends.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Recording, sure. Mixing with plugins, depends.

Ok thanks for all the support/help then and i think i just stick with my old pc until i buy my self a better one and just sell to other one because it only causes problems and i have no idea how to solve it .

Did you read the instructions here?

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.