1 (edited by facefire 2012-01-28 21:40:47)

Topic: Basic Remote Control options

Hi guys,

I am wondering if it will be possible to switch between two different monitors and control the volume of each pair with the basic remote control.
The ad just mentioning the following functions: level storage/recall, freely programmable button for nearly all TotalMix FX functions.
So is it possible to switch between two monitor pairs and controlling the particular volume? I mean switching back and forth, for example from An 1/2 out to An 3/4 and An 1/2 again while controlling always the volume (with the encoder) of the chosen output.
Or is this just possible with the advanced remote?

Thanks

Frank

Re: Basic Remote Control options

You can currently switch between speakers by assinging the Prog button to the "Speaker B" function, but the volume control remains with the Main Output. Not sure if that can be changed, I must admit.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

We have no plans to do so. Usually you adjust the volumes (output faders) so that when switching from A to B the volume is as desired. Once set you click the link button and the big wheel will control the speaker B as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by andrewsimper 2012-05-18 04:27:47)

I was just battling with this as well, can I please have some help and let me know why this isn't working?

I assigned the hardware output AN 1/2 as the main outputs, then assigned hardware output PH 7/8 as the Phones1 output, then in the Command Keys mapping for the basic remote selected the Prog button to adjust the Volume Phones 1 (Encoder), but nothing happend, pressing the Prog button doesn't do anything, even if I hold down the Prog button and use the main dial nothing happens.

Being able to toggle between adjusting the phones or main outputs independently is really useful. Right now the remote control isn't remote at all, I have to put it on top of the audio interface and use the remote to control the main level and the front panel dial to control the phones level.