Topic: RMEflash-update didn't updated the firmware of the fireface uc: defect

dear guys of the RME forum,

i'm a newbie here. got the following problem ... would be too nice if anyone has a clue how to fix it. couldn't find similar problems online...

i use a fireface uc and had an older firmware on it and an old driver (from the original cd of 2007 i think), which worked great with my 2009 Mac Pro (Nehalem-architecture) with Lion (OS X 10.7).
but recently i purchased ableton live 8 and it didn't find the RME Fireface (wasn't shown in the audio-preferences), so i decided to get the newest driver and firmware.

i installed the driver of this january and had the intention to flash-update the newest firmware (i had .88 i think)
but the flash update didn't work out ... it gave me failure-message: b00001C0/0
that's why i switched off the fireface uc, after i switched it on again it was like "defect". all the diodes were on (senseless?!) and the usb-setting as well as the totalmix software didn't worked cause they did not recognize the fireface anymore.
as i retried to flash-update the fireface with the newest firmware i got following error-message "No fireface driver or device installed"

has anybody a clue what to do?

thanks in advance,
warm regards,
claas

(problemtext auf deutsch:)
ich benutze ein fireface uc mit einem mac pro (4,1 von 2009). vor kurzem habe ich mir ableton live 8 gekauft, welches das fireface nicht sofort erkannt hat. da habe ich die neueste treiberversion heruntergeladen (von januar diesen jahres) und wollte auch die firmware erneuern (vorher war version .88 drauf...) ich habe das usb-flash-update gestartet, leider bekam ich nach dem ersten schritt bereits eine fehlermeldung: b00001C0/0. ich habe dann das RME fireface ausgeschaltet und nachdem ich es wieder angeschaltet habe leuchtete nur noch eine phantomspeisungdiode (bzw. jeztzt fast alle dioden ununterbrochen --- sinnlos?!) und das fireface wird nicht mehr erkannt. es verrichtet auch nach mehrmaligem an und ausschalten seinen dienst nicht mehr. fireface usb-settings sowie das programm total-mix öffnen sich nicht mehr korrekt. beim erneuten versuch des flash-usb-updates erhalte ich die meldung "No fireface driver or device installed".

Re: RMEflash-update didn't updated the firmware of the fireface uc: defect

I am having all kinds of USB issues with 10.7.  Try using the firewire drivers.  Maybe it will help.

Re: RMEflash-update didn't updated the firmware of the fireface uc: defect

Immer der Reihe nach. Das UC kann man resetten indem man während des Einschaltens den Encoderknopf gedrückt hält. Dann sollte es erst mal wieder funktionieren - bis zum nächsten Stromverlust. Als nächstes wäre zu klären wieso die Kommunikation gehakt hat. Eventuell hatten Sie unbemerkt das Gerät in den Windows (PC) Modus geschaltet. Steht auch alles im Handbuch Kapitel 7.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME