Topic: Babyface is not working!

Hi! I have bin using my babyface for a while. I unplugged it and installed it on my laptop there were no problems but when I put it back in my computer it didn't work anymore so I restarted my computer but it didn't help. In the device manager there are a yellow cross over babyface and in the info it says it can't read the drivers. I have tried to reinstall the driver, used remove old mixer autorun.reg, going through regedit and deleted everything with babyface and fireface, searched the computer and removed everything there too but it still don't work when I try to install it...
Are there anyway for me to really really remove everything that have with the babyface to do? How can I fix my problem? I really need my babyface to work...
Thanks!

Re: Babyface is not working!

Does the Babyface still work on your Laptop?

yes it works perfectly on my laptop. In the soundoptions the RME is showing and I get sound and can open Fireface and everything. On my computer there are no RME showing in the soundoptions and I can't open fireface or anything...

Bump upp... I really need to get my soundcard working...

I removed EVERYTHING from regedit and all the files I could find and then restarted my computer, reinstalled the babyface and then it worked but when I changed the USB port it stoped working again and it don't work if I put it back into the old usb port...

Clearly an issue of some kind with your computer... Please provide more details about the setup.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I finally found out the problem! The babyface does NOT work in a USB3 port. USB3 are suppose to be backwards-compatible but not for the babyface. Maybe something for a update to fix?

The BF does work with USB 3 ports in principle, but there may be exceptions. What kind of USB 3 implementation is this exactly, onboard or PCIe?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

That is not true. The BF might not work in your specific USB 3 port, but in general it works. Which chip/manufacturer is that? At this time only ASMedia is known as incompatible. All the others should work if you install the latest of their drivers.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

it's my USB3 from my motherboard, Asus P9X79