1 (edited by Yanos 2012-02-07 17:07:40)

Topic: Set Up Surround : PT10 > Totalmix > FF400 > SPL SMC > Monitors

Hello,

I'm a total beginner with surround and since many days I'm trying to setup my stuff :
MacPro with PT10 (CPTK) > Totalmix > FF400 > SPL SMC > PSI Audio Monitors

I do edits and mixes for TV in France since many years but in stereo, not in surround.

And I'm really confused. I don't know how to set playback, outputs and submix in Totalmix to get surround. And I'm lost with panner...

Maybe someone have exactly the same configuration and could help me. Or (even I already don't know how to set up surround in ProTools) I assume if I figure out how to do it in Totalmix it will help me a lot !

Thanks in advance.

Re: Set Up Surround : PT10 > Totalmix > FF400 > SPL SMC > Monitors

Start with a reset of the Fireface Mixer, get back to default. Hold CTRL and click the Prest 1 button. Now don't touch it!

Assign the surround outs in PT to outs 1-6 in the Fireface, and then connect the corresponding channels to the proper inputs on the SPL. That's all.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks a lot Jeff, it works !

Also, while I'm on the subject I take avantage... : with default preset, playback's outputs are L/R assigned. Does it means that in TotalMix, to get mono signals on 1/2/3/4/5/6 outups, the way is to assing each playblack's outputs chanels (L/R/L/R/L/R) on each outputs (1/2/3/4/5/6) ?
(and not L/L/L/L/L/L or C/C/C/C/C/C or R/R/R/R/R/R)