Topic: HDSP Multiface 2 problems

Hello!
I have a Multiface 2 with a PCI card. The first problem is that the break-out-box only works with additional power supply. The second problem is that, even with the external power supply, the audio interface works fine for a few minutes but after that (probably when something gets warm) it starts to pop and cracke and the mixer goes crazy. The poppings and cracklings occur on all channels, INs and OUTs. I've tryed flash updateing, but still no succes. I don't know if the problem comes from the HSDP PCI card or the break-out-box... or both.
Thank you in advance!

Re: HDSP Multiface 2 problems

The PCI card is which revision? The external power supply has what specs?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello!

The DSP PCI card revision is 1.7. I have a switching power supply, 12V DC, 2A.

Thank you!

Then I expect the ps to be faulty. Please try a different one. The PCI card is not able to drive the MF II (that needs revision 1.9, see manual).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello again!
I have solved the problem! It wasn't from the power supply, i've tried other, switching and transformer, and still the same popping and crackling. The problem was with the firewire cable between the PCI card and the Break-out-box. It seems that one of the connectors was bad. I've changed it and now it works fine.
Thank you for your fast response!