Topic: UFX problems

Hi this happens oftn with my mbp i7 thunderbolt, using UFX in FireWire mode.
Sometimes the sound coming out from UFX is sluggish, like when you listen to the radio with lots of interferences, or sounds like when you are searching a radio channel, with "sh.sh......".

If UFX is used in USB mode, rarely happens. (but I use more FireWire than USB, so this is to be confirmed)

Thinking it's a clock problem, i tried to configure the audio:midi, using protools aggregate, or just using UFX as in and out, with drift option or not...
No way !

Leaving the UFX plugged to pc or MacBook pro idle without activities for a while = 20 minutes to 40 minutes without activities (no programs running) often produce this problem.

Had to shutdown the MacBook pro, power off UFX, reboot (sometimes do this several times) then UFX is ok !

It happens without launching PT, or whatever software. Launching for example Accujazz.com I cannot listen correctly to music.

Last drivers, last firmware, last osx. (the pb happens already in Snow, same in Lion)

things seems to be ok with PC / windows 7 x64 !

I suspect Rme UFX or / and MacBook pro hardware pb ?

Anyway I need help cannot working correctly !

Cheers !

Re: UFX problems

Firmware & driver version? Any other FireWire devices in use?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Firmware & driver version? Any other FireWire devices in use?

As I said, Last drivers, last firmware, last osx. (the pb happens already in Snow, same in Lion)
No other FireWire devices.

Others strange behaviors :

I notice sometimes the problem appears when I switch from PC workstation to Mac and vice-versa (of course before switching I power of hosts then UFX, unplug then replug the FireWire 400 cable)

Pb occurs oftently if switching from FireWire o USB, and vice-versa. Did not do that do much, but sometimes just for testing, upgrading firmware, I use UFX usb's connection, and USB seems to be troubles free ?

I found the issue ! tongue
Incredible but I change the FireWire cable, and everything is ok now !
So :
CHECK YOUR CABLES !;)