1 (edited by ivan.kaselj 2012-02-14 12:16:15)

Topic: Line level gain control with 8 inputs on back panel...

Hello

I presume that this is the right place to ask smile We RIZ Transmitters are installing Multiface II bundle in our DRM solution for last 10 years, but we are constantly facing same problem. Line inputs are not finely adjustable (as in fireface 400).

Is there one device from RME that has 8 balanced inputs (4 stereo balanced) on the back plate whose gain can be individually adjusted or do we have to use OctaMic II ?

I'd be happy to answer all sub-questions if needed...

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Ivan Kaselj

Re: Line level gain control with 8 inputs on back panel...

It seems the UFX provides all what you need: http://www.rme-audio.de/ufx

best regards
Knut

3 (edited by ivan.kaselj 2012-02-14 13:00:01)

Hmmm... Correct me if I'm wrong but in manual it is written:

Therefore the Fireface UFX internally uses hi-quality electronic switches, which allow for a perfect  adaptation of all rear inputs individually to the three most often used studio levels.

We need fine tuning.

What we do is that we (using Multiface II) take sample from audio input. That sample level is controlled just with these 3 studio level switches and we need finer control.

best regards, Ivan

If you need fine control in the analog domain (discretely in hardware) then you have to use a microphone preamp. On the other hand the AD-conversion quality is so high these days that you could adjust within your software (digital domain) by +/- 6 dB and most probably do not loose resolution, as the sources have much less SNR than the converter.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

As I understood Fireface 400 has that fine control option on front side microphone/line inputs?

Nevertheless, our software is obviously taking samples from inputs before TotalMix... Is it possible to take samples after TotalMix, i.e. from one of TotalMix outputs using provided drivers? I'm not involved in development of 'sampling' software part, and I find it quite useless to have TotalMix capabilities and that they can not be used.

best regards, Ivan

Yes, you can do so with the mixer's loopback feature.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Is there one device from RME that has 8 balanced inputs (4 stereo balanced) on the back plate whose gain can be individually adjusted or do we have to use OctaMic II ?

watson

OctaMic II.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME