1 (edited by TabSel 2012-02-16 20:52:54)

Topic: Noise on totalmix preset change

I hear some noise bursts when I change the totalmix preset. Even with no change at all at the SPDIF Channel connected via m-Audio superdac to the monitors...

Is this normal?

Re: Noise on totalmix preset change

The whole mixer is reset, even if only one single routing changes. Depending on the current routing and settings this can cause a small noise. But in real-world usage usually there is nothing. If you have this especially at the SPDIF output then I expect something else to interfer. Check that the connection is not lost for a short moment. Also try to rebuild the preset by starting with the factory default (Ctrl-click).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Noise on totalmix preset change

I have 2 digifaces, each in a laptop, the adat outs of #1 go into the adat ins of #2 and vice versa.
The SPDIF out of #1 goes to SPDIF in of #2, Spdif out of #2 goes to the m-audio superdac. WC out of #2 to Andi pro AD WC in, Andi pro AD spdif out goes to SPDIF in of #1.

So, main out (spdif out of #1) first goes through HDSP digiface #2, from there to the superdac, to the monitors. I'm not sure, can't check right now, but I guess I hear the noise through phones of #1, too, as well as in phones of #2...

I'll check for sure and report. It's really quite audible, shall I record it?