Topic: Splitting input signal

Hello!

is there a way to make a input appear on multiple inputs without using a xlr splitter?

Re: Splitting input signal

Not directly - you could copy it to one or more outputs and use the loopback to feed signal back to inputs... Details are in the manual (recording a subgroup).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Randyman... 2012-02-20 01:33:41)

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

You could set it up where a single RME Input is feeding multiple Software inputs in your host - or even have one Software input feed multiple tracks.  I know Cubase allows such Input configurations.  Beyond that, Totalmix will allow you to mix a single input to multiple OUTPUTS with independent mixes as desired (if that's what you are trying to accomplish - we are guessing until we get more info :-) ).

Keep in mind "Loopback" will exhibit a small offset compared to the original input signal (only a few samples, but it can be additive if you Loopback through multiple I/O's IIRC - doing it Daniel's way would only exhibit a single offset across all "loopbacked" tracks).

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Hi!

Just need to split one input for live gigs, the loopback sorted it out.
i thought the loopback was only for feeding daw but in my setup with the focusrite mkII the adat send and analog out is mirrored so everything is working great, can even make groups and record them on the usb stick.
Thanks for helping me out!