Topic: HDSP 9652 and Pro Tools 9 buffer setting causes no playback

Hi RME,

First of all, thank you for an overall great product. I have only recently purchased the card and I have enjoyed it very much so far.

Here's the deal:

I'm running Pro Tools 9 in W7-64 on a i7 2600k, 12 gb ram with my HDSP 9652. Latest driver and firmware installed.

Pro Tools' playback engine 'locks' my buffer size to the one set in my Hammerfall DSP settings - is this supposed to happen? If it is, that's fine, I just wanna know. :)

My problem is that I am unable to get playback from Pro Tools when setting the buffer above 512. Why is that? I have searched forums very extensively and found no answars and I have read the 9652 manual several times, without coming closer to a solution. I need help!! What do I do?

Also, my 'Hammerfall DSP Settings' window looks somewhat different from the pictures in the manual and generally on the web - seems to be 'simpler' and with less options. I dunno if it's important, but it has kept me from tinkering with things such as 'SyncAllign'.

Please, you assistance would be appreciated!

2 (edited by BlackArtStudios 2012-02-17 15:01:00)

Re: HDSP 9652 and Pro Tools 9 buffer setting causes no playback

Alright, so I just found out that PT will always follow the buffer setting set by the hardware - that's fine.

Second problem remains: Why am I not getting any playback at buffer settings above 512?

Addendum: Different card, same problem, no reply.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12278