Topic: Change of behaviour in LCD screen when changing volume

I have observed something and I don't know if I messed up with my settings of my UFX or there has been a change after the latest driver release (which I doubt):

So, up to now, when I wanted to change the monitoring volume through my front panel knob the LCD screen would do the following:

With Volume Set to control Main Volume (Outs 1+2)

Press Volume Knob once
LCD showed Main Volume
Press the knob again would switch to Phones 9-10 and Phones 11-12 Volume
When I turned the knob I would change the Volume

Here is the difference:

When I finished setting the volume for the phones for example, the screen would go back to Meters overview.
Now when I do change the volume it stays in  the "Phones 9/10 Press Volume f. Ph. 11/12 -Balance, FX Return Settings

I am sure that this was not happening before. It would always return in Meter Overview without pressing any buttons.

I guess there is a setting that I have changed?

Anyone can tell me what the behaviour is in your unit?

Thanks

Re: Change of behaviour in LCD screen when changing volume

I see the same behavior here. Pressing the knob button cycles through Main/Phones1/Phones2/Meters.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

I see the same behavior here. Pressing the knob button cycles through Main/Phones1/Phones2/Meters.

Thanks, but when you change the volume of e.g. Phones 1 , after 2 seconds, does the screen go back to Meters or does it stay to what I mentioned above (i.e. "Phones 9/10 Press Volume f. Ph. 11/12 -Balance, FX Return Settings")?

If I adjust the volume, it stays on the channel. But you only have to push the button again to get back to meters.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you for confirming that. I am sure that this wasn't the case before. Do you in any case noticed a change in the behaviour?

are u sure you guys aren't rushing up ? here, with the latest stuff 1.66 etc, it return to meters after 30 sec

..and it's not the drivers, it is in the firmware.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME