Topic: TotalMix FX Mixer Overview Block Diagram

I just purchased a Fireface UCX and am learning the routing options. I see the mixer overview block diagram in the manual but it's not complete - not even close.

Where are the faders? (not sure if the vol symbol represents the gain or fader) The dynamics and eq? Effects send and return? Cue, talkback, ext in, pre and post...

A comprehensive block diagram is an indispensable tool for learning all the routing options and possible settings. It's also a handy reference to keep in the studio - I usually have one printed up large and laminated.

I'm loving the UCX but it would be so helpful to have a proper and complete block diagram. Then I wouldn't have to search the forum, search google and youtube when I have questions. I know RME has great support and you guys are always prompt and helpful, but I could answer most of my own questions if I thoroughly understood the routing options.

Thanks for a great product and for the equally great support.

Re: TotalMix FX Mixer Overview Block Diagram

So I guess there are no plans for a update to the block diagram?

Re: TotalMix FX Mixer Overview Block Diagram

A search will show that I have also suggested this for some time, particularly to update the diagrams in the TotalMix section of the manuals to reflect more accurately and completely the signal paths since the enhancement of TotalMixFX.  A particular instance is the location and effect of the mute and solo switching.

I understand the priorities of getting the software done, but at some stage the otherwise excellent documentation needs to revised in this regard.  The old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words is a good one.  And a good accurate diagram helps transcend any linguistic boundaries in a product that is used  world-wide.

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum