Topic: TotalMix FX - Multiple Remote Control via WLAN

Hi,

I'm using the RME Babyface and have just expanded it over ADAT for a total of 10Ins and 12Outs. The rythm section of my BigBand is currently testing TotalMix as a monitor mixer, which seems to work pretty good! However, I'd love to give everyone control over his own mix. I'm following the discussion about remote controls via Android/iOS devices with much interest and I think this can be great for controlling digital mixers. Even though, I've read little about multi access solutions (with limited rights?) and I doubt that TouchOSC and others can deliver this at the moment. This thread should be regarded as a discussion about this. 
How useful do you think, is such a feature?
How could this be realised?
Is there a chance of officially forwarding this function by RME?

I'm awaiting your ideas wink

Best regards,
Burtan

OSCAR for Android and iOS with TotalMixFX templates: http://www.oscar-app.de

Re: TotalMix FX - Multiple Remote Control via WLAN

Hi Burtan,

There have been a number of feature requests to RME about how to make Total Mix better for live sound needs.  The specific issue you raised has been discussed before.  Myself and some others have asked for the same thing - the ability to use two or more tablets to control specific submixes for a personal monitor system.  TM would be ideal for this and I think there would be a good market for such a system.

I know RME is aware of this request, but I am not sure if they have it on their list of items to address, or if it is even technically possible.  RME reads these posts, and often responds directly, so posting your ideas or questions on this forum is a good way to bring things to their attention.  They often add significant features to respond to requests raised on this forum, so I would not be surprised if this is on their "to do" list.  The more people who request the same feature, the more likely it is RME will devote time and effort to address it.

Perfectly summarized :-)

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

neirbod wrote:

Hi Burtan,

There have been a number of feature requests to RME about how to make Total Mix better for live sound needs.  The specific issue you raised has been discussed before.  Myself and some others have asked for the same thing - the ability to use two or more tablets to control specific submixes for a personal monitor system.  TM would be ideal for this and I think there would be a good market for such a system.

I know RME is aware of this request, but I am not sure if they have it on their list of items to address, or if it is even technically possible.  RME reads these posts, and often responds directly, so posting your ideas or questions on this forum is a good way to bring things to their attention.  They often add significant features to respond to requests raised on this forum, so I would not be surprised if this is on their "to do" list.  The more people who request the same feature, the more likely it is RME will devote time and effort to address it.

Thank you for this extended answer smile

OSCAR for Android and iOS with TotalMixFX templates: http://www.oscar-app.de