Topic: Latency Miracle?

Hi all ,
I have a quadcore pc and rme fireface ufx  working "great" on 192 samples .

I had no noticable performance problems with it .

I ran dpclat (latency checker)and it seemed that the performance was low ..I decided to take out the navidia gt240 graphics card and use the the on board intel video just to see what would happen and WHALLA! 48 samples (the lowest possible) and no dropouts at all (at44khz) .
It seem that the hdmi audio although disabled, was sucking the life out of the audio bus ...
Anybody with on boad graphics..use it !

Perhpas this has been raised here before but if not and you have a navidia card please try it .

I posted this on the reaper forum as well   http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=97335

Re: Latency Miracle?

Hi,
Yes in general some of the newer low end NVidia cards do seem to have performance issues. This is effected to some extent by the motherboard chip set you are using though. The power management settings on the lower end cards are pretty aggressive and can't always be disabled or altered. The higher end gaming cards tend not to suffer from this as much but the trade off is they are more money and tend to be too loud for studio use.

The current low end 5000 and 6000 series ATI/AMD cards seem to work well.
The Intel graphics chip does have some compatibility issues with applications but as long as you using a recent driver and you have it's power management set to max performance it is pretty good.

Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

interesting.. I´ve got a new laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 1536MB GDDR5 and have a big crackling issue when using Bidule and running my Fireface UC at 48 samples. Power settings are on high performance. Someone recommended to switch off SpeedStep but I couldn´t find this on Win7..  btw I disabled CPU Core Parking which helped a bit I guess.
any suggestions?
thanks

. Intel Core i7-2760QM - 2,40 - 3,50GHz 6MB
. 16GB (4x4096) SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1600MHz
. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 1536MB GDDR5
. RME Fireface UC

lizzard wrote:

It seem that the hdmi audio although disabled, was sucking the life out of the audio bus ...

How do you deduce that the disabled audio was the culprit?