Topic: Phantom Power not working

I've got a Babyface Silver Edition since last May, 2011 running in a i5 MacBookPro 8GB RAM with Snow Leopard and Logic, and I used to be very happy how it works. But sometimes the Phantom Power doesn't work, a restart aways resolved the problem. But since lat month such maneuver has not work anymore.
I made all tests and updates, I run it in others computers (Mac and PC), change cables and usb slots, microphones, actives direct box... and nothing works!
I bought it in a dealer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and have no idea how to solve my problem. Please, can anyone help me?

Re: Phantom Power not working

Does the XLR input work with dynamic mics or line signals?
Since the unit is still under warranty, you could simply contact the retailer and ask for repair/service.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, everything else is all right.
So, you think it is a malfunction that can be repaired.
I'm wondering if the external power supply can solve de problem, but the only specifications I have is 5-12V 1A, I don't know the polarity and I don't know if the power supply I've connect is really  powering the Babyface. Any idea?
Thanks, for the quick reply!

This could also be a contact problem from the D-sub connector. Check that the two screws are tightened (but not too much) on the unit itself. If loose then ground will be missing for phantom power.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks a lot, MC !!!
The screws were too much tighten, I loosed a little bit and the 48v come back to life!
I'm a big fan of RME since 1998 when I've bought my first Hammerfall and now was the first time I need support from you, and you do not disappoint me!
I'm very graceful!

Best regards!