Topic: Totalmix kudos and wishlist

I really appreciate the thought that has gone into Totalmix after a Brand X interface that was way too basic. The Brand Y that I was an early beta tester of, however, made it possible to gang input faders as desired, and that would be an excellent addition to the Totalmix mixer. Considering that the user can do that with a TASCAM 680 makes me think the code is doable for RME.

The other wishlist item is in DURec. I understand why each file cannot be timestamped-- but being able to at least name a folder into which the files could be pointed would be a big help for those who do not wipe the DURec drive after every gig. I have a festival approaching that will involve almost 30 concerts of varying size. I would prefer to simply append data on the drive-- especially as all available time will be spent in post-production-- but I would like to retain the backups until everything is handed in-- just in case.

And kudos on Global record in Digicheck! For the first time I have meters that give me legible information!

Rich

Rich Mays
Sonare Recordings
www.sonarerecordings.com

Re: Totalmix kudos and wishlist

Not sure what prevents you from ganging the TotalMix input faders...one temporary and 4 saved fader groups is not enough?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Totalmix kudos and wishlist

Obviously I need to go back and re-read the manual!

Rich Mays
Sonare Recordings
www.sonarerecordings.com