Topic: Clicks during recording.

Hey, I am new to RME and Fireface 800 and this my first post here.

I was using Digi003 + Pro Tools 8.0.3 before. Now I am with a FF800 and PT 10 on a iMac with Snow Leopart, all updated, 4 GB of RAM...

The audio is coming converted via ADAT from a AD16X converter by Apogee.

While I am recording I hear some clicks that at first I thought it was only on playback because of the playback engine on 128, then I removed all plug ins and the clicks keept on happening. Problem is it was recorded this way, so when I zoomed in the wave form, this is what I see:

http://www.vespasmandarinas.com.br/www/downloads/CLIP.jpg

It's ugly and annoying. And sounds BAD.

Any sugestions of what maybe cousing this problem and how to solve it? I didn't face this problem before with my digi003.

Thanks!

Re: Clicks during recording.

Anybody!?

Is your clocking configured correctly?  Details on your clocking setup?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

My FF800 is in sync with my AD16X via a very good optical cable. No clock cable.

http://vespasmandarinas.com.br/setup.jpg

Is there any device, sharing the same electric circuit as your mac/ff800/mic pres that is randomly switching on and off?
I had very similar symptoms years back until I figured it was the studios refridgerator causing it. I'm not kidding.

This is very similiar to my problem in another thread, and come to think of it, I recently hooked up an electric heater, which is unstable to say the least. It has been turned of while the problems occured though, but I will definitely give it a shot later today.

Erbs Bischof wrote:

Is there any device, sharing the same electric circuit as your mac/ff800/mic pres that is randomly switching on and off?
I had very similar symptoms years back until I figured it was the studios refridgerator causing it. I'm not kidding.

Yes there is. But not a refrigerator... smile

I will check and try a individual power source of even something to make it stable only for the FF800. I had the feeling it could be something like this. I will give it a shot and let you guys know! Thanks!