1 (edited by BbR77 2012-03-13 21:08:46)

Topic: Crackling / USB errors on Babyface

Hi,

I recently acquired a Babyface and I'm facing some USB errors that I cannot identify.

Even with a 256 samples buffer and during soft usage (listening music) I faced these errors, including non-resolved errros (it shows 6/49 for example).
It's mainly inconvenient during recording sessions that I have to redo.

all my drivers are up to date and the Babyface is the only one on the USB controller. I already tried to format my HDD and reinstall Windows (W7 64bits)

My configuration :
- Intel i7 2600K on a Asus P8Z68-V-Gen3 motherboard
- 12 Gb or DDR3 - 1600Mhz
- Graphic Asus Radeon HD6670 (made this choice because I heard that ATI drivers were recommended with RME devices)
- HDD 1To 7200 Rpm parted into 2 partitions - System on C and Data (and Reaper projects) on D in AHCI mode

I really hope this issue to be solved to fully appreciate the quality and known stability of my Babyface

Don't hesitate if you need further information
Many thanks for your help.
H

Re: Crackling / USB errors on Babyface

Please check your PC for general performance problems. On a correctly working system you should never see USB errors in the Settings panel.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1704

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Many thanks for this such quick answer

I tried using LatencyMon for checking : "at least one detected problems appears to be network related"

I already tried to disconnect from the network but maybe it's a more hardware/driver issue.
I will try to change my PCI network controller and come back to you if i still face this

I would like to show the entire result but it's quite long for this to be published here

Kind regards

Disconnecting from the network won't do anything to help. Please disable the network adapter in Device Manager to check if the problem is resolved.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes I saw that disconnect is not good but deactivate works!! even with 48 samples buffer now.

Many thanks for your fast and good support. Let's work now :-)