Topic: RAYDAT compatibility with SUPERMICRO MB

HDSP driver for RAYDAT is running with chipset INTEL C600 we can find with SUPERMICRO MB X9SRA for example?

Thanks
ARPEGEC²

Re: RAYDAT compatibility with SUPERMICRO MB

Hi,
I do not see any motherboards on Supermicro's web site with that model number.
Please provide a link to the specifications of that motherboard.

As long as the motherboard has a PCI-e 1x,4x,8x or 16x available and it is running Windows XP 32 bit , Vista/7 32 bit or 64 bit then it should work.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

3 (edited by ARPEGEC² 2012-03-17 03:48:20)

HI
No mistake serial number,it's a new part.You can see it here http://www.supermicro.com/products/moth … /X9SRA.cfm
Thanks Chrisludwig,Rme devices works as well all times but sometimes...? Some specifics settings could be incompatible. I think like you for this mb is made for hard works but Rme drivers couldn't run as well with some specifics chipset like this c600 intel. I don't think so but careful my project costs a lot.

Thanks
ARPEGEC²

Hi,
The C602 chip set is just the Xeon variation of the 2011/X79 chip set which works fine with all RME products.
RME HDSPe cards follow the PCI-e specification.
If Supermicro follows those specs correctly and they properly integrated any of the peripheral chip sets like, USB 3, SATA and Networking  then the RME card will work perfect.

I would plan doing through testing of the Supermicro board. They are not commonly used in DAW systems.
In my past experience building computer systems Supermicro boards were always problematic no matter what audio or video hardware was being used.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Thanks Chris
Last question,do you think 2cpu mb would be right for encoding video or audio (simultaneous working cpu or a swapping on second cpu),because the final prize is the same. Sure, the 2cpu Supermicro serie don't work with usb3 but we are sure to plug pcie card like u3s6 asus on a slot directly connected to northbridge,this way for an Blackmagic Shuttle (only renesas-nec usb3 chipset runs with this hd capture device). I need ECC memory for After effect (realtime previous) and much more that we can plug on classic mb. It's why i choose this build computer way,not for funny work like World of war .... So thanks for all,it's a different world to built a computer like you made, mistakes could costs a lot.

Have fun with my writing.

ARPEGEC²