Topic: Lemur OSC template "beta1"

Hi,

This is a first version of the lemur osc template I am working on (at the moment am porting the UI from the touchOSC template). Actually it's my first lemur template at all. Since I have not much time for it at the moment I thought I release this to you so you got something to play or even to work on. I only have a fireface UC so its hard to test all features supported by the osc commands.

Some known issues/problems:
- Mixer section (page1) is done.
- Channel section (page2) just started.
- some buttons behave laggy (mute all, solo all, dim....) compared to touchOSC: it's working better using a direct (ad-hoc) wifi connection to the totalmixFX host. I am still trying to figure out the reason why - I think  it has todo with the osc reply (maybe timing) of totalmix. I was not able to get pads working reliable on that functions at all. custom buttons kinda work but you might need to press a few times. maybe rme programmers can look at these functions and their osc backcalls/replies?
- Switching between pages (interfaces) wont reflect changes made in the other yet.
- To get initial values you may start first lemur and totalmix after it. or if you don't get osc values when totalmix is already running press channel/bank to get osc replies with values back.

As soon I have more time I will go on with it. Feel free to work on it and please post back enhancements (or msg me... bug reports welcome).

thanks
Jens

TotalMix_OSC_Beta1_Lemur_Template

Re: Lemur OSC template "beta1"

Sorry, but we have been busy (and still are) for the Frankfurt fair. In the last weeks we have been in contact with the Lemur guys. There are several issues that make a simple port difficult. Switches have no option to disable local feedback, so the feedback coming from TotalMix messes up their function. That is just one example of many. Lemur requires scripting, extensively, to make it all work. And that is why we did not manage it in the short time until Frankfurt.

Our template is a bit better than yours but still not finished. We will continue working on it (together with the Lemur guys) after Frankfurt, so maybe the best advice is just to wait a bit more.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How is that beta coming along?

Slowly, but it's coming. The current version already has better looks than the TouchOSC one, but it is not yet finished. We will release any first version via this forum, don't worry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Great news, looking forward to checking it out.

Hi MC,

just curious about the Lemur template for total mix - It would be fantastic been able to export specific objects into other templates in order to control
both ableton live and the hardwere from the iPad. Actually , a dream to me !!

Thanks,

Fulvio

Well, like I said, slowly. I heard that it should be available before or at Frankfurt, finally.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

We will wait then. Also dreams come true with their time :-)

Fu

MC wrote:

Well, like I said, slowly. I heard that it should be available before or at Frankfurt, finally.

any news on that?

Yes, I am currently checking the final version. Just a few days...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Version 1.0 checked and a few small issues reported, which will not prevent you from enjoying it. Template is officially available here:

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/379/

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME