Topic: Please help with connection of 2 UFXs 1 UFX MASTER 2nd Stand alone

New memberRegistered: 2011-11-10Posts: 2E-mail

Re: 16 channels of 24/192 with ufx

I have 2 RME UFXs,I am using windows 7/64  all drivers and firmware are up to date on both RME units. Configurations for the 2nd  UFX were initially loaded to unit and saved prior to disconnecting from USB.
I am  confused about  clocking  issues I am having.
I am running the 1st UFX  in internal (master clock mode) and this is connected to my computer by USB.
The 2nd  UFX  is being used  in stand  alone mode. It is not connected to the computer
The second UFX is set to word clock sync  and is being clocked by a coaxial  word clock cable coming from the Master  UFX 1  word clock out coaxial to to the 2nd UFXs  word clock in coaxial terminal. The 75 ohm termination light is activated on the 2nd UFX (I am only using the ADAT 1  ADAT 2  optical outs on the  2nd UFX (stand alone set to word clock) to deliver ADAT 1 AND ADAT  2  optical  inputs to the 1st UFX (set to internal or master ,and the only unit connected to my computer by USB)
  I must be screwed up with this or something because on 2nd UFX, I see in the front screen" WCK" and the on the 1st  UFX  I see "INT", Which I think is good ,but when I change sample rates on the computer through the RME driver only the 1st UFX  changes sample rates . The 2nd   UFX does not  change front screens except  sometimes to  change to  a completely different sample  rate or   sometimes not change at all. The ADAT  sync shown in the driver syncs at  44 while all this is happening. Basically I am trying to use the 2nd RME  as a converter that will adjust to my chosen sample rates by the driver on the 1st UFX  by word clock.. I know I must not be understanding a concept or two! What am I doing wrong ? Sorry to seem so stupid .
. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Anniedog