Topic: No sound in Cubase 6.5 with rme babyface

Operation system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
Soundcard: Babyface
Cubase 6.5 32 bits

I have a weird problem. When i open Cubase sometimes there are no sound coming out of the project. Neither can i record anything.  There are no registered activity in the meters (in cubase). However the sound outside cubase work just fine (for instance windows media player). Then i do a system restore and it works fine. When the sound is not working and i try to go into the driver setting in cubase to change, or change inputs/outputs etc cubase is just hanging. This error can occure from working fine 1st time and if i then close cubase and open it 3 minutes later it is silent.

Have any other ones experienced this problem or have any idea what it could be?

I tried to search for old drivers for the babyface to see if that would help but i do not have luck finding anyone on rme webpage. Is there a way to get these?

/Frekk

Re: No sound in Cubase 6.5 with rme babyface

You might have more success with this on a Cubase forum...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Frekk 2012-03-29 20:38:21)

I have tried that as well but no good answer so far. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling both drivers and software without any luck.

Hi,
Are you working with project templates from older versions of Cubase or created with a different sound card?
Make sure that Cubase is using the Fireface USB ASIO device.
Make sure that "Release Driver when Application is in background" is NOT checked.
Make sure your PC is setup correctly for audio use.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

5 (edited by Frekk 2012-03-29 21:18:26)

Hi,

Cubase is using USB Asio device
Release Driver is not checked
No everything is recorded with cubase 6.0 or up to 6.5 (even project recorded only in 6.5 is not working)

- I have checked audio services
- I might have to reformat the pc and see if that helps

But before i do that. Is there away to access the previous version of babyface driver to eliminate that as a potential problem?

I also tried this

Reset your VST connections and routing in the Project -
Save the project under a new name close Cubase and reopen the New version of the project.
Go to VST connections and delete and then recreate any I/O, control room or external effects and reassign them in the project.
Then save the project and close Cubase.
Reopen the project and see if the disappearing sound is still happening in this project.

It's not working on any project, neither new ones.

Hi,
Have you tried Cubase 6.5 64 bit?
Have you tired moving your ASIO folder out of the Steinberg directory?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Asio
Move the ASIO folder to your desktop and launch Cubase and test.

Do you have another ASIO based program you could test this with?
I would download and try Reaper to see if it is doing the same thing.
http://reaper.fm/download.php
This will help narrow it down to being a Cubase specific problem.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

7 (edited by Frekk 2012-03-29 21:51:13)

64-bit - No i have not tried that.
Asio Foloder - Now i have - no help
Reaper actually worked

Thank you so much for the help. I do think with your help it is clear this is a cubase issue. I do suspect some cubaes updates making the projects goes corrupt. After trying reaper i did try create a whole new project in cubase and that seem to work just fine (not just save the 6.0 ones as 6.5). Now that i know more i can post more info on the cubase forum maybe i can get help to save old projects as well. Thanks again!