Topic: using Babyface and RayDat with the same computer

I'm in need of a new interface solution for my home studio workstation.  I currently have a Yamaha 01v96 and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 that perform double duties for me as a mixer and extra preamps when doing live shows as well as the front end and interface for my studio.  I'm looking for a replacement for the Focusrite. 

Most of the time I don't need the 01v96 hooked up to my DAW, I just need outputs for my monitors and an couple of inputs for my bass, a guitar, or a mic so the Babyface would be perfect for this.  Also being able to use it with my laptop when I'm on the road would be very useful. 

For some projects I do larger track counts are necessary so this is where the RayDat would allow me to connect my 01v96 and Focusrite to my DAW.  I've thought about just going with the RayDat and a separate DA convertor but then I lose the instrument and mic inputs and double duty laptop use of the Babyface.

So my question is will the Babyface and RayDat sync reliably and work together in Cubase 6 and Ableton Live 8?  My understanding is that I will need to sync them with an ADAT cable and I won't be able to use total mix between the two interfaces.  I would want the recording software to be able access both interfaces at the same time, though I wouldn't need the inputs of the Babyface in the configuration.  Is this possible?  Thanks for your help!

Re: using Babyface and RayDat with the same computer

The two cards do not share the same ASIO driver and can therefore not be used together in Cubase etc...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME