Topic: Is the UK version of the Babyface different from the US version?

Hello,

I am considering to purchase a Babyface.  I live in the USA, but I found out that Juno Records in the UK sells it for a much lower price than most American vendors do (about a $150 difference).

This may be a stupid question, but will there be any issue in using the UK version of the Babyface in the US?  Since the BF is bus-powered, I know that the power difference between Europe and USA won't be an issue.  (A sales representative from Juno Records couldn't tell me whether the US version differs from the UK one.)

I just would like to make sure that I am not missing anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Re: Is the UK version of the Babyface different from the US version?

There are no different versions. However, please mind that any form of service or repair will mean sending the unit back to the retailer or UK distributor... We do encourage supporting local retailers and distributors for a reason....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

Yes I do feel uncomfortable about ordering from a retailer abroad a product that I can purchase locally, but the $150 difference is quite big.  It means that even if I end up having to send the unit back to the UK for a repair or service a few times, it will still be cheaper than buying it in the States.

In any case, I will certainly keep what you said in mind.

Thanks again!

I have a bit of trouble believing there could be such a price difference.  I just compared the first two random links for US and UK that came up (in this case, Sweetwater and Absolute Music), and the price is practically identical. Even the Euro price quoted by Juno (539) isn't that much lower...
Are you sure this wasn't a price for a refurb or some such thing?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Well, here in the US, both Sweetwater and Musician's Friend sell the Babyface for $749 as of today.

On Juno's page that Daniel linked, the BF is listed as $594.70 in my browser right now.  (Make sure that you select "USD" in the "MY CURRENCY" drop-down menu in the top left.) If you change the currency to EUR, the price is actually €449.90.

Yes I, too, thought that it was too good to be true at first, so I emailed Juno Records and asked them if the price was for a
used or refurbished product.  Then Mr. Ben Daly, DJ & Studio Equipment Buyer at Juno Records, replied, saying that "It's not refurbished, its new."

When I click that link it shows 539.88 €...you see a price without VAT (and shipping...).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Maybe that's a special price for US customers, based on your IP... HeadScratch
I see $713 and €539...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

8 (edited by jcschild 2012-04-06 17:53:08)

shipping from the US back to the UK then back again will be more than the $150 saved. (which it is not $150 difference)
not to mention Juno isnt going to ship it to the US for free (are they? thats like $65-$80)
smart thing is to contact US vendors for best price and save the hassle

Scott
ADK