Topic: Need more outs for my setup (Multiface2 & Octamic2)..FF800 or UFX??

Hi to all!
I am having Octamic2 and Multiface2 but I need more outs to feed my new Mackie 1642vlz3 for out box mixing (16 outs would be great).
After 2 days of researching I am still confused with actual routing possibilities of FF800 vs UFX, not my territoryHeadScratch...But I have to decide..
Can I get that analog 16ch out of Multiface2 -Octamic2 and UFX without buying additional DA converter?
It would be nice to upgrade to cool UFX but if it's too costly (to buy 2 units -UFX and DA) I should stick to FF800 instead?
Or maybe to sell Multiface2 and upgrade to UFX for many of benefits it brings?

Can someone pls enlighten me about the hook up scheme how to get those 16ch out in easiest way with my setup?
Thank you!
Svrle

P.s.
Working on 44.1/48, mac pro/ macbookpro, cubase

Re: Need more outs for my setup (Multiface2 & Octamic2)..FF800 or UFX??

Or short : How many analog out ch I get with MFII and UFX, and how many with MFII and FF800 combination..??
I swear that I'll respond to some boring question too, as soon as I learn enough about digital tricks :-)

Thank you a lot
svrle

A combination of Multiface II and UFX or FF800 is possible with Mac OS aggregate device feature, but will give you two different TotalMix programs.

The best solution seems to me to replace the Multiface with a UFX or Fireface 800. This will give you a single interface. Together with the OctaMic II it will provide 20 (UFX) or 18 (Fireface 800) analog inputs. For more DA you need an ADAT converter. The Multiface II can work as ADAT converter, but only when it stays connected to the power source. Otherwise it will lose the stand alone AD/DA setup. 

best regards
Knut

Thank you for your reply, much clearer now..If I use Multiface 2 only as a adat converter (with UFX and Octamic2) I supose that routing path would be similar to the one discribed below for FF 400 ?
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13727

If so, no further question for now :-)
Thank you
Svrle

Anyone to confirm that above?
Thank you
svrle