Topic: DURec routing issue

Hi.
Trying to record usb way intruments plugged and routed into UFX.
I don't get how the record mode works in term of routing. I thought that you arm what you want, the input or output, press record and bang, it is all there on the same channels, when playing back.
Instead i have weird routing stuff like channels exchanging on the hardward outputs.

If i want to record say channel inputs 3/4 and 7/8, no effects, them played back on the hardware outputs 5/6 and 1/2 respectively.
i don't care if i record the inputs or the outputs, i just want to record the right instruments and hear them back on the right outputs!

Thanks for your help much appreciated

dave

Re: DURec routing issue

Obviously you do not want to record empty tracks (thus causing unneccessary load). So whatever channels you record, they get counted in a consecutive, gapless way. Upon playback you have to assign those channels to the same outputs, IF you have the need to do so. Usually for most applications this is not the case. Your description sounds more like you expect a typical multitrack recorder, and this is not the idea behind DURec.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

do you mean assigning what you have recorded within Total MIx fx? or importing them into a DAW which will then send to TOtal mix again?

I would like to assign them within Total mix, on the same outputs that they have been recorded on. please help.

If I'm going in wrong direction, please let me know the idea behind DUrec and how to use it on a multichannel application like record a show and do virtual soundcheck afterwards etc....

thanks

You assign the playback channels in the TM FX, these are saved then within the Workspace. So something like recording a show and doing virtual soundchecks later is zero problem. You just have to set it up once correctly, save the Workspace and reload it whenever needed.

Of course you can assign the playback channels in stand-alone mode via the display as well. Check Channels, Analog Out 1/2, Settings, scroll down to Play Channel. Now turn encoder 1 to quickly set up all other DUrec playback assignments.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I still don't get it sorry. Can you please take my example of recording inputs 3/4 and 7/8, no effects, then played back on the hardware outputs 5/6 and 1/2 respectively.
how do I set it up correctly?

thanks
dave

Matthias, anyone?
its not like i can refer to the manual for a clear instruction on that operation.
thanks