1 (edited by bigl28 2012-04-07 14:00:58)

Topic: FF 800 audio bypass via youtube???

The subject may be a little vague.

The last time I used his forum I was researching why the Fireface couldn't play multiple audio platforms at the same time ie. iTunes and Cubase or various other recording software/media player combinations. I think it was explained to me as being the conflicting sample rates and the inability to route them differently for playback.

Can anyone give me insight as to why then, I can get youtube to bypass this? I would really like to know how to transfer this dual playback feature.

Let me explain further.
I am running win7 and using Firefox internet. Fireface 800.
Various 44100 sample rated programs and iTunes is usually my media player for playback. I am not sure what sample rate iTunes is pinned at but does not work with another 44100 program open.

At this point I only use the Fireface for vocal recording...one mic input at channel 7 and my studio monitors in out 1,2...Monitor headphones at headphone jack 9/10 on front panel. That's it, my settings have not changed since i purchased the box almost 2 years ago.

When in Cubase, Kontakt or any other 44100 program I have just come across knowledge that if I open up Firefox explorer and navigate to youtube and play audio/video there, I get playback via Output channels 3/4, on fireface mix application, only routed through my headphone jack...not my main monitors. It only works for a short period it seems, maybe 10 minutes. Or if I open any other program on my computer it causes the audio to disappear. And even if I exit out of Firefox explorer, the firefox application will continue running in the background of my system until I End Process via Task Manager.

This only works if the 44100 program is opened before the Firefox application.

Any info?
If further information is needed from me I will be happy to give it. I would like to know why and how this happens.

Thanks

Re: FF 800 audio bypass via youtube???

Is your FF driver two years old as well? If so, please update. Latest drivers fully support multiclient operation...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME